The second Roman Catholic priest to serve the St. Malo Parish was Father Abel Noret, who arrived from France on 5 November 1895. Exploring the parish a short time after his arrival, this site caught his attention. A wooded, remote spot before the construction of Highway 59 and the Provincial Park, its proximity to a small river reminded him of the Grotto of Lourdes in France, where the Blessed Virgin had appeared in 1858. He decided to erect a grotto here in her honour. In July 1896, with the voluntary aid of some parishioners, Noret began working on the project. The brush was cleared and hollows were filled; a small chapel was constructed on the south bank of the river. For more info contact Pastor Dominic LaFleur 204-347-5518 for reservations or more info.